At 2:10 PM ET on Sunday, the Baltimore Orioles (67-59) will play host to the Houston Astros (81-47). Three straight wins have gone to the Orioles.
When the Astros play the Orioles (+219), the Astros are the underdogs (-269 on the moneyline to win). The Houston Astros’ Justin Verlander (16-3) and the Baltimore Orioles’ Austin Voth (4-1) are set to start.
In yesterday’s 3-1 triumph over the Astros, Dean Kremer (7.2 IP, 1 R, 4 H, 3 K) was given the victory. Anthony Santander, who went 1-for-3 with a home run and two RBI, was the offensive standout. The Astros’ Jose Urquidy (5 IP, 3 R, 4 H, 5 K) was charged with the defeat.
New York Yankees vs Oakland Athletics Odds and Betting Lines
Odds for the Major League Baseball are provided by Tipico Sportsbook. odds updated at 2:03 AM ET on Sunday. Visit USA TODAY Sports Betting Scores Odds Hub for a complete list of available sports betting odds.
- Yankees are the favourite (-227; risk $227 to win $100).
- Athletics (+190; $100 bet would earn $190) is the underdog.
- Under/over: 8.5
New York YankeesStats and Trends
New York Yankees Betting Records
- In the 116 games they have played this season as favourites, the Yankees have prevailed in 72, or 62.1%.
- When favoured by -227 or more by bookmakers this season, New York has a record of 22-6, good for a 78.6% win percentage.
- The Yankees have a 69.4% chance of winning this game, according to the moneyline.
- In 58 of their 127 games this season with a total, New York and its opponents have gone over.
- In 127 games this season with a spread, the Yankees have a record of 56-71-0 against the spread.
Clarke Schmidt (New York Yankees Probable Starter)
- Schmidt will make his second start of the year on the mound for the Yankees.
- The right-most hander’s recent appearance was on Tuesday against the New York Mets, when he threw 3 2/3 bullpen innings without allowing a run and three hits.
- This season, he has pitched in 17 games, recording a 2.18 ERA, a.198 batting average against, and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings.
- This season, the Athletics have scored 429 runs, which places them 29th in MLB. They are 25th in the league with a campaign batting average of.214 and 107 home runs.
New York Yankees Batting Statistics
- The Yankees, who have connected on 200 home runs this season, have hit more home runs than any other MLB team.
- The Yankees’ collective slugging percentage of.428 this season is third-best in MLB among all teams.
- This season, New York is 15th in the league in batting average (.242).
- With 639 runs scored so far this season, the Yankees are second in the league in terms of scoring.
- This year, New York is fourth in MLB with an OBP of.325.
- With 8.5 strikeouts per game on average, the Yankees are in 16th place.
Oakland Athletics Stats and Trends
Oakland Athletics Betting Records
- The Athletics have triumphed in 41, or 36.9%, of the 111 games in which they were tabbed as heavy underdogs this season.
- When listed as an underdog of at least +190 or worse on the moneyline, Oakland has won five times in 20 chances this season.
- The Athletics have a 34.5% probability of winning this game, according to the moneyline odds.
- In 54 of their 128 games this season, Oakland and their opponents have exceeded the total set by bookies.
- In their 128 games this season with posted lines, the Athletics are 62-66-0 against the spread.
Adrian Martinez (Oakland Athletics Probable Starter)
- Martinez will make his first start of the year for the Athletics.
- The 25-year-old right-hander is making his season debut and his first outing in almost a year.
- The Yankees are hitting and have scored 639 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- 200 home runs between 242 total hitters (first in the league).
Oakland Athletics Batting Stats
- In baseball, the Athletics are ranked 25th with 107 total home runs.
- The Athletics currently have baseball’s second-lowest slugging percentage so far this season (.342).
- Oakland has the lowest MLB batting average (.214).
- With an average of 3.4 runs per game, the Athletics are the second-lowest scoring team in baseball (429 total).
- Oakland has the lowest on-base percentage in baseball (.278).
- The Athletics are 15th in the league with 8.4 strikeouts per game.
Yankees vs. Athletics: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Sunday, August 28, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream: fuboTV
Yankees and Athletics are returning to form
The New York Yankees had a challenge after dominating the first half of the baseball season as the game’s undisputed top team. The Yankees have only gone 14-20 since the all-star break, dropping from having the best record in baseball overall to having the second-best record in the American League.
The Bombers, on the other hand, have recently exhibited the form that made them the top baseball team throughout the majority of the season’s first four months. New York has won five straight games coming into the matchup on Saturday.
The Yankees’ winning streak was broken on Saturday night in Oakland when Oakland defeated them 3-2 after 11 innings as their offence once again sputtered. Four Oakland pitchers limited New York to one hit throughout the course of 11 innings.
Friends and families of Yankees and Athletics
Unsurprisingly, the Oakland A’s are one of baseball’s worst home teams. Oakland’s home record this season is just 20-43 going into Saturday night’s game against the Yankees.
People shouldn’t be surprised by that number considering that the A’s have one of the poorest home-field advantages in all of baseball and that their average attendance is frequently considerably below 10,000. On Sunday, the A’s will finish their eight-game homestand and will likely be happy to go back on the road, where fans other than close friends and family can watch their games.
The Oakland pitching staff kept the Yankees to only one hit on Saturday night against the Bombers, and they survived two unearned Yankee runs in the 10th inning courtesy to a two-run pinch-hit home smash by Stephen Vogt that tied the game. The A’s scored the winning run in the 11th inning thanks to a throwing mistake by New York.
- Who is Liam Smith? Boxing Record, Net worth of boxer and Liam Smith vs Hassan Mwakinyo
- Robert LuPone Cause of death: How did Leader of MCC Theater Robert LuPone die?
Follow us on Twitter