As of Friday night, fire departments are actively battling a brush fire at Milo McIver State Park in Estacada. The areas from Feldheimer to Hayden and from Springwater to the Clackamas River have been advised to evacuate at Level 3.
People are currently being evacuated from Milo McIver and the nearby properties by deputies.
Alert for fire at Milo McIver State Park
A Level 3 evacuation order has been issued for the Milo McIver State Park due to an ongoing fire. There are deputies present.
Feldheimer to Hayden and Springwater to the Clackamas River area are currently under an evacuation order.
Deputies continue to conduct evacuations while crews are reportedly actively battling the brush fire.
Evacuations at Milo McIver State Park
Third “Go Now! After a fire broke out at Estacada’s Milo McIver State Park on Friday night, evacuations were put in place.
The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office declared an evacuation order just before 10:30 p.m. for the Feldheimer neighbourhood to Hayden Road and Springwater Road to the Clackamas River.
According to officials, everyone on Woodland Way and Parkview Lane as well as both sides of Springwater Road must leave for the park in the east.
Level 3 evacuation area of Milo McIver State Park
For the following areas, the Marion County Sheriff’s Office has issued a Level 3 “Go Now” Evacuation:
- Vitae Springs Road from River Road to Skyline Rd S
- From Vitae Springs Road to Cole Road S, on the west side of Skyline Road
- S. Orville Road
- Prospect Ridge to Riversprings Road
Level 2 evacuation area of Milo McIver State Park
The following have been ordered for Level 2 “Get Set” Evacuations:
County of Marion
- Sawmill Road at River Road S
- S Sawmill Road
- Southbound Ballyntyne Road
- S. Stonehill Avenue
- West of Elmhurst Ave. S. is Jory Hill Rd.
- Nehalem St. S. to Elmhurst Ave.
- West of Bates Rd S is Cole Rd S.
- West side of Bates Road South to Bunker Hill Road South, includes the neighbourhood of Chinook Estates
- Riverside Dr. S. from Bunker Hill Rd.
- Sidney Rd. to Riverside Dr. from River Rd.
- Buena Vista Road on the west side of Sidney Road South
County of Polk:
- from the Independence Bridge to Davidson Road, east of Corvallis Road
- East to the Willamette River between Davidson Road and Wigrich Road in the north
MCSO statement on Milo McIver State Park fire
In a 7:45 p.m. update, MCSO stated. Deputies continue to get information from fire officials on Friday, and they anticipate that some Level 3 evacuations will continue into the weekend. Deputies stated that property owners with animals should seek assistance from local officials at Judson Middle School.
A Level 2 “Get Ready” evacuation has been issued for people living two to four miles away, and a Level 1 “Get Set” evacuation has been issued for people living four to six miles away from Vitae Springs.
Follow us on Twitter